Dave Hoyt is owner of the Seacoast Mavericks collegiate team and the USA Mavericks Baseball Club, as well as proprietor of the USA Training Center. Dave played professional ball for the St. Louis Cardinals and Minnesota Twins organizations after a stellar career at the University of New Haven and Yarmouth-Dennis Red Sox of the Cape Cod League.
With a vision for providing high quality baseball instruction in a state-of-the-art environment, Dave founded the USA Mavericks Club and USA Training Center nearly ten years ago, forever changing the landscape of baseball in the greater Seacoast area. Now home to over 120 top athletes and 16 professional instructors, the USA Mavericks Cub hosts six age divisions, U12 through U18, and is considered the premiere youth baseball program in New Hampshire and Southern Maine. The Seacoast Mavericks represent Dave's franchise in the Futures Collegiate Baseball League of New England (FCBL), a wood bat collegiate league that provides elite collegiate athletes the opportunity to compete in a Minor League format each summer.
Over the last four years, Dave's extensive networking experience has had a direct result in Mavericks high school player being awarded over a combined $6 million in academic and athletic scholarship money at colleges and universities all over the country.
Dave Hoyt was drafted into the MLB in 1981 as an 18th round pick by the Minnesota Twins. He spent the next seven years playing professional ball for the Twins and the St. Louis Cardinals before finishing his career in Italy with the San Marino Hawks. Dave has since been a coach, instructor, associate scout for the St. Louis Cardinal and mentor to countless middle, high school, and college athletes.
Dave lives in Rochester NH with his wife Diane.
Spaulding High School, Class of 1977
Rochester, New Hampshire
- 1976-1977, Team Captain
- 1976-1977, MVP
- 1977, All-State
- 1977, Class-L Batting Title (.617)
University of New Haven, Class of 1987
New Haven, Connecticut
- 1979-1980: NCAA Division II Collegiate World Series
- 1980: National Runner-Up
- 1980: National Championship First Team All-Tournament Team (OF)
- 1980: National Championship Leading Hitter (.584)
- 1981: NCAA Northeast Regional Championship Runner-Up
- 1981: Yarmouth-Dennis Red Sox Cape Cod Baseball (OF)
- 1980-1981: Greater New Haven Diamond Club All-Star (OF)
- 1981: All-New England All-Star Game, Fenway Park, Boston, MA (OF West Roster)
- 1981: All-New England All-Star 2nd Team (OF)
Minnesota Twins Baseball Club
- 1981: June 9th Major League Draft Selection, 18th Round (OF)
- 1981: Appalachian League, Elizabethton, TN (OF)
- 1981: Manager's Vote Topps Player of the Month, August (OF)
- 1981: Appalachian League All-Star Team (OF)
- 1981: Appalachian League Batting Title Runner-up (.338)
- 1981: Appalachian League MVP (OF)
- 1982: Mid-West League, Wisconsin Rapids (OF)
St. Louis Cardinals Baseball Club
St. Louis, Missouri
- 1982: Florida State League, St. Petersburg, FL (OF)
- 1983: Mid-West League, Springfield, MO (OF)
- 1983: St. Louis Cardinals Inspiration Award
- 1984: Florida State League, St. Petersburg, FL (OF)
- 1984: St. Louis Cardinals Organizational Hustle Award
- 1985: Texas League, Little Rock, AR (OF)
- 1985: Florida State League, St. Petersburg, FL (P/OF)
- 1985: Florida Instructional Ball, St. Petersburg, FL (P)
- 1986: Texas League, Little Rock, AR (P)
San Marino Hawks Series A Baseball
San Marino, Italy
- 1986-1987: San Marino Hawks (P/OF)
University of New Hampshire
- 1990-1991: 100 Club Mens Athletics Fundraising Coordinator
- 1993-1994: Assistant Coach, Mens Baseball
Homerun USA, LLC.
Portsmouth, NH, Cheshire, CT, and Springfield, MA
- 2002-2006: Owner/Operator Homerun USA - Minority Owner
- 2002-2006: Director of Baseball Operations and Development
USA Training Centers, LLC.
- 2006-Present: Owner/Operator USA Training Centers, LLC - Majority Owner
- 2006-Present: Director of Staff and Baseball Operations
- 2006-Present: Director of Maverick Baseball Club and Player Development
- 2006-Present: Director of Seacoast Baseball Group
Seacoast Mavericks Baseball Club, Futures Collegiate Baseball League
- 2010-Present: Seacoast Mavericks Owner